Black Out poem – SLJ 2022-2023 – Blog Number 29

Kia Ora

Today I did another blog post. It is about poetry slam –  black out poem. Here is the video of me reading my black out poem. The title of the poem is “Why is perseverance the key”. The words in yellow means the words that I keep and the words in black means they are backed out. In case you cannot see the words, here it is:

***Why is perseverance the key***

Perseverance

Dreams

Because imagine

Successful ideas

Today remember

Don’t give up

God

Abilities

Monday success

Which is your favourite poem task?

3 thoughts on “Black Out poem – SLJ 2022-2023 – Blog Number 29

1. Kia ora Mark,

It’s Charlotte here, a blog commenter for Manaiakalani. Ka pai on your effort on the ‘Poetry Slam’ activity!

Wow! What an awesome poem! Have you been enjoying the poetry slam activities? Do you have any tips on how to succeed at this activity?

Well done on your video. You spoke with lots of expression and character in your voice which definitely helps to engage your viewers and keeps them interested!

Ngā Mihi Nui
    Charlotte Visser
    Summer Learning Journey

1. KIa Ora Charlotte,

Yes, I have bean enjoying the poetry slam my tip to succeed in poetry slam is to make my poem more fun for others. Thank for your comment.

2. Kia ora Mark. I really liked the actions you put with the reading of the poem. The text you found was a great one and inspiring. Thanks for your tip on success. My tip is to refine each poem to make the writing sound the way you want it. Look forward to reading your never poem. Dave from the poetry slam team