How good is your memory? SLJ – 2022 – 2023 – Mark – Blog Number 16.

Kia Ora,

Today’s blog post is about how good is your memory? How do I remember the  colours of the rainbow? All I do is remember ice-cream.  Let me share with you.

V – vacation – violet

I – ice-cream – indigo

B – best – blue

G – given  – green

Y – your – yellow

O – own – orange

R – raspberries – red

Here is my video  on the colours of the rainbow. Do you have a special  way of remembering the colours of the rainbow?

4 thoughts on “How good is your memory? SLJ – 2022 – 2023 – Mark – Blog Number 16.

1. Kia Ora Mark,

What an awesome mnemonic, you seemed to memorise it really well. I think it is great that you are including such in depth videos and you introduce and describe the activities really well. You have a great voice for film, I can imagine you being an awesome YouTuber.

It is also great that you shared what words help you memorise your rainbow, it is similar to the tune used to remember the order of the planets. My (Mercury) Very (Venus) Easy (Earth) Method (Mars) Just (Jupiter) Speeds (Saturn) Up (Uranus) Nothing (Neptune).

Keep up the great work and I look forward to seeing more of your posts.
    Ka kite anō,
    Zana Yates

2. Kia Ora Mark! Patrick here.

I love your blog post today! I watched your video and loved how much enthusiasm you had. I agree with you, the Summer Learning Journey is fun!

My way of remembering the colours of the rainbow is Raindrops, Over, Your, Great, Big, Immense, Village.

What is your favourite colour on the rainbow? Mine is Green because of Saint Patrick of Ireland!

Goodbye!
    Patrick