Obstacle Course Chaos – SLJ 2022-2023 – Blog Number 31

Kia Ora,

Today I did a 6.7 km obstacle course through the streets of Auckland. The streets were full of chaos with road works, traffic, cones and barriers. There were also fire engines speeding down the street with sirens and horns. The busses were so near to me at the traffic lights. This blog post is about me doing the obstacle course with chaos where I walked for  almost 6 hours. Here is the screenshot of my walk. I started walking from from daddy’s office at No. 1 New North Road, Eden Terrace, Auckland 1021 to Commercial Bay, 7 Queen Street, Auckland CBD, Auckland 1010 and to my destination at Westfield Newmarket, 277 Broadway, Newmarket, Auckland 1023.

taking a rest at Wellesley Road near the Auckland library

passing Aotea Square

at Westfield Mall

Can you imagine my journey?

5 thoughts on “Obstacle Course Chaos – SLJ 2022-2023 – Blog Number 31

1. Kia Ora Mark! Patrick here.

What a wonderful blog post. You know that I too am on a holiday here in Auckland. Just way down south in Karaka. I went to the West Field in Newmarket the other day and bought some groceries, lunch and looked at the Polestar 6.

I can imagine your journey because I too went on long walks in the city while trying to go through humongous crowds of people.

What was your favourite part of the walk? When I did mine, mine was stopping at Maccas!

Goodbye!
    Patrick

2. Kia Ora,

My favourite part of my walk was going to the library. Thank you for your comment.

Happy 2023

Enjoy your holiday 🙂

Mark

3. Kia ora Mark,

It’s Simon here from the Summer Learning Journey team. It’s great to see you completing Summer Learning Journey tasks while you are on holiday. Tino pai!

This is such a detailed trip! It must have taken you all day to walk it with all the stops. What was your favourite thing you saw along the way? I really like Auckland. Do you go there often? How did you find the hills that are there? I always struggle with the hills because I’m not used to them. I live in Christchurch too, so it is a bit of a shock to have to walk hills when I am in another city haha.

I had to look up ‘polestar 6’ to see what it was and it is a car? Are you a big fan of cars? What is your favourite?

Ngā mihi,
    Simon (SLJ)

1. Kia Ora,

The hills were a torture! I fell to my knees many times 🙂 My favourite was Archie Brothers. It is an arcade.We must go back there again. The Polestar 6 was selling for 46,550£ . That’s almost $90000! I like the powder blue colour on the car.

1. It looks like a very cool car! What makes it such a special (and expensive…) car though? I’m not much of a car person, so I don’t know much about them.

It’s a bit of a shock for people like us living in a flat city like Christchurch to walk around other cities in New Zealand that have hills.