Shadow Art – SLJ – Kick Start – Step It Up – Blog Number 17

Hello everyone,

Today I did the shadow art outside my house. My mum recorded me doing my shadow art. First i drew the outline of the fern, then i painted the outline and background. Lastly I printed the leaf over that. I did both kick start and step it up for this activity. For the shadow art I painted a fern leaf from the garden.  Also for this activity when my mum recorded me she used time lapse. The time lapse is for both the step it up and kick start.

Here is the photo of me holding up the final result of my work.

I can’t forget my awesome video. Here are my videos.

1. Printing the leaf ¬ Time Lapse With Shadow Art Part 1

2.Painting outline and background ¬ Time Lapse With Shadow Art Part 2

Here’s what you need to do before watching the videos.

Step 1 : Click on the link.

Step 2 : After you click on the link it will download to your devices.

Step 3 : After it’s finished downloading click on the download and it should take you to the Time Lapse Shadow Art Videos.

3 thoughts on “Shadow Art – SLJ – Kick Start – Step It Up – Blog Number 17

1. Mōrena Mark,

What a fun and creative activity, it is great that you had enough sun to be able to spot some shadows. We have been having the worst rainy weather so this activity would have been super hard for me to complete.

Unfortunately the image of your final drawing did not upload correctly but from your videos I can see how awesome it must be. I love that you went above and beyond by posting videos of your shadow art process, such an awesome way to step up your work and add an extra challenge for yourself. I know your blog readers appreciate the extra information.

Because you took that extra step with your work I am going to mark this as an outstanding post, all I need you to do is go back and reupload your image!!

What did you enjoy the most about this activity?

Ngā mihi nui,
    Zana Yates
    SLJ

1. Mōrena Zana Yates,

Thank you for your comments.

I re uploaded my image. I hope you can see it. Please let me know if you cannot.

Mark

1. Morning Mark,

That is much better thank you!! Wow what a beautiful picture that looks almost like a boutique of flowers and you have used some beautiful colours. Did you use watercolor paints?